VinnyThunderVinnyThunder

Main Audio Reviews Stats

Monkey Island ( HE ) Monkey Island ( HE )

good work!

perhaps less synthy instrumentation, and more of a reworking of the theme/interpretation to consider for next time?

i think we'd all agree - opening menu music to mother 3 (mother earth) *deedoodeedoo* combined with ambient opener to this? hell yes!

Sonic2-Hill Top Zone Piano Sonic2-Hill Top Zone Piano

heh this is the one i was looking for, it's the holy smurfing grail of the sonic series! joy! +20 rupees!

DrMackFoxx responds:

Most excellent. :) Glad you loved this remake and thanks for another excellent review!

Sonic 2-2P VS- Emerald... Sonic 2-2P VS- Emerald...

did anyone else prefer this one to single player/co op e:zone for pure nostalgia-inducing purposes? ! i remember getting this for christmas, with my very first console ever, tho i'd asked for an snes! well i got my wish many years later, was a tough year, and mario helped cheer me up. also, this theme is kind of like, the sonic anti-mario theme, anyone agree?

DrMackFoxx responds:

If you ask me, it's pretty awesome that you got to grow up with a Sega Genesis and a SNES. :) Personally, I can't choose whether I like this or the one-player versions of Emerald Hill Zone. Both are quite awesome!

Thank you very much for the great review and I'm glad you enjoyed this song so much! :)

SpaceHarrierPianoRedux SpaceHarrierPianoRedux

anyone who reworks Space Harrier or anything remotely related to Yu-san's work, gets an automatic 5 out of me by default - except it it's the worst failed dustep experiment ever. yeah i'm not hard to please. maybe one of the more emotive piano pieces from the Shenmue saga would be worth considering. you've already got a harrying hit on your hands right here, you might just be hounded and harried until *cough* *ahem*
*blargh*

DrMackFoxx responds:

Shenmue? Can't really do any remakes from that game as I had never even heard of it until now. Not really able to recompose and expand upon music that I don't know very, very well. ^_^;

At any rate, quite glad that you enjoyed this song a lot and thank you very much for the excellent review! :)